Tracker

Tracker

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Visits from Kristin and the Schrutt Family and Isaac's 2nd ER visit

We had a very full week! "Aunt" Kristin who was in DC for business and added on an extra night so she could cuddle with Isaac and meet Caitlin. Both fell in love with her instantly, Caitlin gave her lots of smiles and when Isaac gave her his hundredth hug, she said "thanks for the sugar, sugar" and now that is Isaac's favorite catch phrase of the week.

Kristin left Wednesday morning and then Aunt Jen, Uncle Max, Jaden, Talia and Arielle came in from Colorado. Bill found them a basement apartment for rent on Lincoln Park just a few blocks away so they had their own space, but were within walking distance so we could spend lots of time together. It was SO much fun to watch all the cousins hang out, now that Isaac is old enough to actually play with them. Jaden and Talia (7 and 5) were so patient and wonderful with Isaac even though he is younger, and Arielle (2.5) and Isaac were inseparable. We LOVED having them here and were very said when they left. Here are some pictures of playtime around the house, at the park, and at Eastern Market.

We also took a big field trip to the monuments. We did a LOT of walking, but the kids were total troopers. Even though we went to the top of the Washington Monument, the White House and World War II Memorial, I think the metro was the universal favorite attraction for all the kids.

Remember in my last post when I said Bill told me that with a little boy I would be seeing a lot worse than a split lip? Well, who know he meant that I would literally be seeing it - in the same week?!? Isaac decided to jump on top of a yoga ball and ride it into the radiator, smashing his head. When it happened he cried (not as much as with the lip!) and I scooped him up thinking he just banged his back - until I pulled my hand away from his head and realized it was covered with blood. Thankfully Jen and Max were there because while I comforted Isaac, they were able to check out the damage and we all decided that we needed a trip to Children's ER. Bill came home from work and Jen, Max and the kids babysat Caitlin and we headed to Children's. Two hours later, and about a hundred trips up and down the elevator to entertain Isaac who was acting totally fine, he got THREE STAPLES in his head - and DIDN'T EVEN CRY!! I must say, I was as impressed with myself - because I didn't freak out or pass out when I saw the blood! We have some really gross pics, but I'll just post this one so you can see what we were working with. In any event, he got the staples out yesterday and didn't cry then either - all is well, and I'm hoping this is the worst, at least for now!

No comments: