Tracker

Tracker

Monday, October 18, 2010

Caitlin Goes to Florida

Caitlin and I spent a great"girls' weekend" in Delray Beach visiting Caitlin's Great Grandma Rhoda and Great Grandpa Danny. She did pretty well on the way there, especially considering it was a full flight and she was on my lap. Thankfully the woman next to me was patient and the stewardess had a 9-month old at home, so when Caitin had a blowout and I needed to get to the bathroom quickly to change her, both were very accommodating. Caitlin was all smiles for most of the weekend, except for the occasional tummy ache (can't wait for the Prevacid to start working!) and had a great time with my grandparents, who made her smile and coo the whole time. You don't see too many babies in Delray, so Caitlin was a hit where ever we brought her, and it was fun to watch their envy when we told them she was their 9th great-grandchild! My oldest friend Stef came up to spend the day and meet Caitlin too, which was a total treat for me. Finally, on the way home there were some extra seats on the plane, so I got to bring Caitlin's carseat on and she slept the whole time allowing me to read an entire People magazine - score!!
Meanwhile back at the ranch, Bill and Isaac had a great "boys weekend" in DC -- Bill's first time single parenting for more than a few hours. They had a blast, packing the weekend with fun activities and more fries, grape soda and other treats than I really want to know about...These are some pics I got by email to reassure me that they were alive and well ;)

No comments: