I forgot some important milestones in the last post, so let's just call this a continuation. First of all, I snapped this adorable picture of Caitlin emulating her brother's endearing habit of sucking his middle two fingers. She still loves her pacifier now, but who knows what the future will bring... 
First and foremost, Caitlin started eating cereal! I was going to wait a while before giving it to her, because let's be honest, it's thrilling to start food with baby #1, but once you get to baby #2 you realize it's just another thing you have to fit in the day. However, Miss Caitlin let me know that she is HUNGRY in many ways, but mostly by eyeing everything I eat intently and grabbing any utensil or food (or non-food) within her reach and trying to shove it in her mouth. So I figured, why not. Well, she definitely took to it quickly, grabbing the spoon to get it into her mouth faster, gobbling every bite, and then FREAKING out when it was over. This routine has happened repeatedly, even when I give her a second helping! I guess she really was hungry! Here are some cute pics of her enjoying the first bites.

She also has been loving her time in the exersaucer and jumper. It took her a few weeks to warm up to it, probably because she was subjected to the wrath of her brother who regressed and decided he needed to be put into the exersaucer at exactly the same moment as Caitlin settled in. In any event, she's getting to be a pro at maneuvering her way around and pulling and pushing all the right places to make music and lights go crazy. Any baby's dream...

Finally, Caitlin started daycare a couple of weeks ago when I went back to work. She is downstairs in the transitional daycare at my office that we loved so much when Isaac was a baby. She's doing great down there, and didn't even blink when I dropped her off the first day. Jennifer, the director, looked at me funny when I dropped her off and when I asked her why she smiled and reminded me that when we dropped Isaac off on his first day we lingered for an hour and I gave her several pages of instructions, but with Caitlin I just handed her over and said, put her down for a nap when she gets tired. Second babies... :)
Finally, Caitlin started daycare a couple of weeks ago when I went back to work. She is downstairs in the transitional daycare at my office that we loved so much when Isaac was a baby. She's doing great down there, and didn't even blink when I dropped her off the first day. Jennifer, the director, looked at me funny when I dropped her off and when I asked her why she smiled and reminded me that when we dropped Isaac off on his first day we lingered for an hour and I gave her several pages of instructions, but with Caitlin I just handed her over and said, put her down for a nap when she gets tired. Second babies... :)
Coming soon - Christmas in NJ (as soon as I can get through all the pictures!)


No comments:
Post a Comment