The kids were so excited when May started because they could count down the days until the end of school. They both had a really great year at school, but they are still kids, and the idea of summer with the pool opening and lots of camps in their future is pretty enticing!! I worked from home so I could walk Isaac to school for his last day, which was more meaningful for me than for him. He was extra excited for school because he had a zoo field trip and an end of school party, so the walk was fun. He's not yet at the point where I embarrass him, so I walked him all the way in, and even got a big hug and took this picture before I headed out. Here are some pictures from his day, including with Ms. Valdez. Bill went to the end of year party (we had to divide and conquer). He had a great day, and was excited to show me his party favor that said "o-fish-ally a 2nd grader" :)
I also took Cate to school, and it was extra special for her because it was her last day of preschool AND they were celebrating her birthday. We stayed up late making cupcakes for her class, and she wore a special dress. The birthday ritual was cute, and her friends loved the cupcakes. I left to work for a few hours before coming back for her end of the year party where they had a big picnic and the ice cream truck. Here are a few pics of her last day, including one of her hugging her favorite teacher, the amazing Ms. Jean. We'll miss the Louisville Montessori School!
We had fun weekend celebrating the end of school weekend with a visit from Cesi. It's amazing that even after not seeing her for almost 2 years, the kids treated her like family (more like royalty) and immediately fell into old habits! She's such a good sport and spent the entire weekend doing everything with them, including jumping down their inflatable water slide! It was wonderful to hang out with her, and we were all sad to let her go. Hopefully one day we'll convince her to move to Colorado!
Friday, June 26, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












No comments:
Post a Comment