We made Alli do some manual labor while she was here, including putting together Isaac's new swingset (thanks Kristin!!) -- unclear whether Isaac likes the box or the swing better, more on that later :) We also went to a really fun birthday party for Carlito, they set the bar pretty high with their flamingos and cool baby pool, hopefully we can live up to it this weekend!

Finally, some fun Isaac turns one pictures from today, the official birthday, and celebration #3. Bill and I had a great morning with Isaac, I'm pretty sure we scared him with our wake-up rendition of Happy Birthday, but he was happy to see us nevertheless! And we prepared him for the 10 other happy birthday serenades he would be receiving later in the day (lucky boy!!) Isaac had a really fun day at daycare where everyone was SO excited to see him and made him cards and decorated his highchair and sang to him! They were even more excited when I went in to get him after lunch - with my friends from work (yes, the two on the left are both preggars!) and Papa Rich AND homemade cupcakes (yup, I brought cupcakes to daycare, I'm officially a domesticated mom)! The cupcakes went over better then the cake did with Isaac -- probably because he wasn't stuck in the highchair. He couldn't get enough of the icing, and I'm sure we'll be finding it behind his ears for weeks. You may be wondering what's in the bottle - it's SOY MILK - I've officially made it to one year breastfeeding (yay!!) and am retiring as primary "babyfood maker". Whew!!

Stay tuned for pictures from the big birthday bash and our upcoming week at the beach.
Karen and Colin came for a fun early-morning playdate on Saturday - for the first time they actually interacted which was fun to watch. Isaac tried to teach Colin how to play with his toys - and then preceded to sit on him, much to Colin's chagrin (unfortunately we didn't have the camera for that one). Colin tried to teach Isaac how to be bigger, we'll see whether that one sunk in. You can tell these two are going to be friends (and cause some trouble with the ladies together, do you see the blue eyes on both of them??)
Finally, some fun Isaac turns one pictures from today, the official birthday, and celebration #3. Bill and I had a great morning with Isaac, I'm pretty sure we scared him with our wake-up rendition of Happy Birthday, but he was happy to see us nevertheless! And we prepared him for the 10 other happy birthday serenades he would be receiving later in the day (lucky boy!!) Isaac had a really fun day at daycare where everyone was SO excited to see him and made him cards and decorated his highchair and sang to him! They were even more excited when I went in to get him after lunch - with my friends from work (yes, the two on the left are both preggars!) and Papa Rich AND homemade cupcakes (yup, I brought cupcakes to daycare, I'm officially a domesticated mom)! The cupcakes went over better then the cake did with Isaac -- probably because he wasn't stuck in the highchair. He couldn't get enough of the icing, and I'm sure we'll be finding it behind his ears for weeks. You may be wondering what's in the bottle - it's SOY MILK - I've officially made it to one year breastfeeding (yay!!) and am retiring as primary "babyfood maker". Whew!!
Stay tuned for pictures from the big birthday bash and our upcoming week at the beach.


1 comment:
I so love the icing!! what a cutie! happy birthday isaac!
Genevieve & Charlie
Post a Comment