Tracker

Tracker

Sunday, November 22, 2009

15 months - the zoo and animal sounds

We took full advantage of the gorgeous weather last Monday and took a field trip to the zoo. We met our friends Kate and baby Noah and wandered around the animal exhibits and then had fun running around the kids' farm and the pizza play area. There's a baby gorilla that is 10 months old and Isaac got up close and watched the family interact. The baby got close to the edge and the mama reached out and scooped her up - so gentle and human-like! While mama was tending to baby, the papa was sitting in the front corner eating his own poop - I won't comment on the parallels there :) In any event, it was fun to watch and we had a great day.



In response to requests, I captured Isaac on video talking. His little voice is adorable and is repeating everything we say. He is also starting to answer questions. We went for a walk with Wilson on Friday and another dog barked at him and Isaac kept imitating him and going "woof woof". So I asked him what the doggie says, and he answered "woof woof"! I was a little surprised, but thought given the context, it was a give-away. So I upped the difficulty-level and asked what a cow says - and he said "mooo"!!! Of course I squealed. Then I asked what a sheep says and he said "baaa"!!! You could have knocked me over I was so shocked because I have never asked him that! We read a book with animal sounds and I guess he retained it! Our little genius ;) So...the videos are a little dark, but given his usual m.o. of not performing when the camera is on, I figure if I can get it on tape, we'll take it.
Enjoy!




1 comment:

Genevieve said...

so cute! I love that voice!