Isaac and I are getting adjusted to our new schedule and so far things are going pretty well. Isaac turned 6 months old, and was a trooper at his doctor's appointment - even though he got four shots!! He finally broke the 15 pounds mark, which makes me VERY happy. Not sure why it is, but as a breastfeeding mother I feel very responsible for his weight gain. So, while he hasn't yet doubled his birth weight (an arbitrary measurement I'm told), he is gaining weight and the doctor was happy.
Isaac has adjusted pretty well to daycare life. During his two-week tenure he has some days been the only child in attendance (with 3-4 grown-ups on the payroll each day!!) and often been one of only two or three. He's come up to the office to hang out with the health section attorneys, and even played host to a meeting about the relevant issue in the Stimulus Package one afternoon when I was struggling to meet a deadline and get him fed at the same time (gotta love working with women!!).
We've been taking advantage of downtime during the weekends, enjoying gourmet brunch (Pete's Diner) and shopping at Bed Bath & Beyond to find new rugs for the bathroom (preferably ones that are not white with Isaac spit-up on them). We also enjoyed another grown-up night out courtesy of Mollie and James who babysat.
On what was to be my second day of work, the daycare center had a flood so I couldn't bring Isaac in and had to work from home. Karen and Colin came over to hang out late in the afternoon and Isaac helped teach Colin how to use the Bumbo which was fun to watch.


1 comment:
What great videos and pictures and I love that you could feed him at work. So progressive! I was looked at as a freak because I pumped at work. Not in the teacher workroom, of course! And Isaac looks so healthy- I know you're much too wise to get wrapped up in where he "should" be on the charts right now. Sounds like you are all adjusting wonderfully!!
Post a Comment