Today is Isaac's 9 month birthday - we CANNOT believe how fast the time is flying!
Isaac had his first long road trip this weekend to Fairfield Connecticut to see his Aunt Rachael (soon to be known as Nanny Rachael!) graduate from college MAGNA CUM LAUDE (hopefully her smarts will rub off on Isaac this summer when she plays Nanny!). We split up the drive on the way up for what might be our last night at the Andersons' current home - they sold their house and are moving in July! We had a nice morning where Isaac showed off his crawling/walking skills and then we all drove the rest of the way while Isaac napped - thankfully he's still really good in the car! We saw Rach's apartment (one house from the beach!) had a nice dinner with the whole Anderson fam and as for the rest -- Isaac and I saw more of the hotel room than Fairfield due to the cold rainy weather and the fact that graduation was outside, but we heard Rachael walked with grace :)
Isaac is exerting his newfound independence in funny ways - he is magnetically attracted to everything we don't want him to touch - the radiator, the space heater, the dog food!! We have to keep a very close eye on him, but man is he fast!!

He woke up on Tuesday morning and was acting a bit fussy, and didn't really want to eat (unusual for Isaac). He kept trying to shove his fist in his mouth (along with everything else as per usual) and then grabbed my hand and guess what I felt?? A TOOTH!!!! We didn't even know they were coming! In retrospect, he has been sucking his fingers a lot and was sticking his tongue out all weekend (and drooling, and had a diaper rash...I guess we should have known?!) In any event, he wouldn't let me get close enough to see, but when Jennifer tried to feed him in daycare and he kept biting the spoon, she got him to open wide and realized that there wasn't one but TWO TEETH coming through! Wow - Isaac is such a trooper!! After realizing that I brought him upstairs to my office so I could get him some tylenol and Colleen was very entertained as Isaac went straight for my recycling bin and pulled out all the paper (I said he was quick!!)

He woke up on Tuesday morning and was acting a bit fussy, and didn't really want to eat (unusual for Isaac). He kept trying to shove his fist in his mouth (along with everything else as per usual) and then grabbed my hand and guess what I felt?? A TOOTH!!!! We didn't even know they were coming! In retrospect, he has been sucking his fingers a lot and was sticking his tongue out all weekend (and drooling, and had a diaper rash...I guess we should have known?!) In any event, he wouldn't let me get close enough to see, but when Jennifer tried to feed him in daycare and he kept biting the spoon, she got him to open wide and realized that there wasn't one but TWO TEETH coming through! Wow - Isaac is such a trooper!! After realizing that I brought him upstairs to my office so I could get him some tylenol and Colleen was very entertained as Isaac went straight for my recycling bin and pulled out all the paper (I said he was quick!!)
I also gave him one of Grandma Gerri's frozen teethers which he's loving now and here is a picture of our independent boy trying to feed himself (guess where it ended up??)




No comments:
Post a Comment