So we survived day one as a two-parent working family :) Bill and I brought Isaac in to daycare together (along with arm fulls of toys) and were greeted by Jennifer and Susan who were very excited to see Isaac. Since it is a backup daycare center, the number of children who will be there is not static, but is dependent upon which attorneys have problems with their permanent daycare plans on that day. The exception to the backup nature is when an attorney returns from maternity leave at which point she can use the daycare on a permanent basis for three months. Currently, Isaac is the only infant enrolled full-time, but Isaac's friend Mackenzie will be joining him in a few weeks, and Silas will follow soon after. Until then, Isaac will be the beneficiary of a lot of attention from the daycare employees who love babies. Upon arriving, we went through the gazillion instructions and played with Isaac a little. Soon after, we put him down to nap in his new crib. I was nervous he wouldn't sleep there, but he turned over and went to sleep in about two seconds!! So I went upstairs to work and they called me a couple of times to come down and feed him which I plan to do when I have time (if I'm too busy when he needs to eat, they have bottles of frozen milk for him). He definitely cried a little, but overall he did great, which was a big relief to me!
After surviving the day, we got to enjoy a fun 3-day weekend. Our tenant Karis babysat while Bill and I went out to dinner on Friday night on a pre-Valentine's date. Dinner was great and we had a lot of fun, but after a bottle of wine, I was too tired for the movie, so we ended our date a little early. On Saturday, Isaac and Bill bought me beautiful flowers for Valentine's day. We all had a great weekend with lots of playing, eating and fun family time.
I'm only writing about this because every one of you who comes over and sees the monitor will ask. There was a small mishap having to do with a romantic effort on Valentine's day gone wrong. A candle placed a little too close caught a pillow, the bed and the monitor on fire in relatively quick succession. Needless to say, lesson learned - be VERY careful with candles pillows and baby monitors - who knew they were so flammable?!?! No major damage or injuries, thankfully, even the monitor still works!!

1 comment:
siYIkes on the candles but yippee for Isaac's first day of school! We call it school because even though it's "daycare", he will learn so much there that it is really his first school. He must add so much sunshine to his teachers who must be so lonely without a little one to love!
Post a Comment